Thursday, January 7, 2010

Inaugural blogural.....

Well, here it is. The first installment of the Perils of the Navywife. I should probably tell anybody who's bored enough to read this a little bit about myself.

Obviously, I am married to a sailor. I've had this affliction for twelve years now, with two lovely children as my happy side-effect. We are currently in Oak Harbor, Washington, while Sparky (totally not his real name) is away in Afghanistan, doing his part to rebuild the country's non-existent infrastructure.

I keep busy while Sparky's gone with volunteering. I work three ministries in our church, (www.bbcoakharbor.org), one afternoon a week that the base's Retired Activities Office, and I'm a mentor for a program called COMPASS. It's kind of like Navywife 101. It's a fantastic three day course that covers most of what a new spouse, or even a "seasoned" spouse like me would need to know to survive, maybe even thriver, in the Navy.

I love The Lord, and my church family. The Lord led us to this duty station, and has blessed us with excellent discipleship and for that we are so thankful.

I don't have time for more right now, but as asoon as I can, I will begin to record some anecdotes about my life as a spouse, mother, Christian, and American. I hope you all enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment